Located along 4.5 miles of rocky cliffs, the city of Palos proofread my paper Verdes Estates is the oldest of the four cities that make up the Palos Verdes Peninsula. It is also one of the earliest master-planned communities in the US.
Gently winding roadways through green hillsides showcase custom homes built with the optimization of the scenic views in mind. Many of these homes are accented with red tile rooftops. The city continues to leave just over a quarter of the land open permanently to perpetuate its unique rural character (840 acres to be exact). This has resulted in an international reputation for scenic beauty.
The rocky cliffs of the Pacific Ocean on the southern border offer many coves beloved by local surfers and pros alike. Their picture perfect natural lighting also makes them ideal for film makers to use as scenic backdrops.
The city’s emphasis on the preservation of land and enhancement of the natural assets keeps Palos Verdes Estates unique. The natural beauty and landscape is said to be comparable to the South of France’s French Riviera.
- The city is bordered by the Pacific Ocean to the west and south, Rancho Palos Verdes to the east and Torrance to the north.
- Lunada Bay (160): Coastline family friendly neighborhood separated by Palos Verdes Drive West into lower and upper Lunada Bay. The area offers quaint bungalow living up to magnificent bluff top properties with white water views and the smell of clean ocean air. The excellent rated Lunada Bay Elementary School, Palos Verdes Intermediate School and Palos Verdes High School are in walking distance for most homes in this area.
- Monte Malaga (162): Offers the largest single family lots in the city along with expansive views of ocean and coastline.
- Malaga Cove (163): Predominantly Spanish and Mediterranean style type my essay homes with red tile roofs built against the hillside to take advantage of the “queens necklace” unobstructed coastline blue water views of Santa Monica Bay and beyond.
- Valmonte (164): This picturesque neighborhood features densely tree lined streets and manicured family homes, plus it offers easy access on and off the Hill.
zip code 90274, areas 160-164